Firstly, having never run a Cthulhu scenario, either face-to-face or Play by Post (PBP), I've been thinking about the best way to run the posting regime. I've looked at a couple of forums and the games played PBP within them, and have decided on the following recommendations for Player players:-
- All posts should start with the posting Character's name in bold typeface.
- Any names in posts should be written in bold typeface.
- Out of character text in an' in character' post should be in red typeface.
- Any speech should be in blue typeface.
- Any in-character thoughts should be in green typeface.
- If a Player neglects to post for a period of 3 days when a post is required by the narrative I will post on behalf of that Player. This is purely to keep the game moving and I will do my best to keep the character out of harm's way.
- All character die rolls should be made at http//:invisiblecastle.com with a link to the result included in the post. Please don't attempt to interpret any die rolls once they're made, unless specifically instructed.
I hope this doesn't sound too restrictive and that it doesn't lead to too many multi-coloured posts.